Thursday, March 15, 2012

no flour Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Hi guys! When I'm not cleaning or making new patterns occasionally you'll find me baking up a storm. I like to think of myself as a self proclaimed novice when it comes to baking. Today I felt like eating cookies so I thought to myself why not make oatmeal cookies? I take in account girl math in my head when I eat one. Since everything in the recipe is totally healthy you don't have to worry about feeding your family and friends something bad. I like to alternate other things in the batter like ginger powder and things like raisins. Next time I definitely will put in some dark chocolate to the mix. Everything tastes better with chocolate, right?

so for any of you that would like this recipe here you go:
1 cup of sugar ( i like to use 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup regular )
1/4 cup of shortening ( i substitute that for Mediterranean oil )
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

yield: 8 big cookies    temp: 375 about 10 minutes

Of course you guys can mix it up and omit things and put whatever you like or whatever sounds good to you. And please let me know if you ended up using the recipe. I would love to hear how it turned out.

p.s. please forgive the santa tray in the picture. I just grabbed whatever I could find. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment